Get Instant Help


Why should I insure with Cell Insurance?

Cell Insurance Company is the industry leader in the provision of innovative Alternative Risk Transfer Solutions in Zimbabwe. Cell Insurance is a Licensed Short term insurance company in terms of the Insurance Act of Zimbabwe and the only licensed Rent- A -Cell captive insurance company. We at Cell insurance are consistently recognized for our success as an innovative short term insurance company. Cell Insurance has vast underwriting experience personnel with a philosophy deeply rooted in Risk Management services. We offer flexible tailor made insurance solutions that far exceeds our customer expectations and we have a strong reinsurance back up for all our insurance products. Cell Insurance is also amongst the only few ISO certified insurance companies in Zimbabwe, a sign of strong commitment to quality service delivery.

Why do I need car insurance?

It is illegal in Zimbabwe to drive a car with no insurance. The insurance provides cover for you, other motorists and members of the public.

What is comprehensive cover and why do I need it?

Comprehensive insurance covers you for damages to your own vehicle, to other people’s property and to your passengers. Comprehensive insurance gives you the widest protection that you much need for your most valuable motor vehicle.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount you pay (or we hold back) in the event of any claim, regardless of who’s to blame for the incident. The excess will vary depending on your car, the age and experience of the drivers.
It’s to deter people making lots of claims for minimal damage, and to encourage a sense of responsibility towards your assets.

Where can I access Cell Insurance Services?

In Harare we are located at 5th Floor, Finsure House, Corner 2nd Street and Kwame Nkrumah. Our Bulawayo offices are at the Beehive Centre 102A S. Parirenyatwa Street. You can also access our various insurance products from all ZB Bank branches across the country and also at Steward bank branches.

How much is your motor insurance cover?

How much is car insurance going to cost is not a one word answer. The quote you will receive from Cell Insurance will determine how much you can pay since it will be based on a number of factors. Such factors include but not limited to the type of car, the market value of the car, the use of the car and your driving history amongst the various factors that may be considered. For example someone with a very expensive and powerful car will generally pay more than somebody with a relatively cheaper, less powerful car and similarly, someone with 20 years’ driving experience will tend to pay less than someone who’s just got his /her driving license

How do I pay my insurance premiums?

Cell Insurance Company accepts payments of premiums through cash payments at our offices, bank deposits and through EcoCash. Our Ecocash merchant code is 52014. Our payment options included annual, bi annual, termly and quarterly payments.

Can I get insurance cover for my vehicle before change of ownership?

Yes. We at Cell insurance would require you to provide us with proof of ownership of that car which might be in the form of agreement of sale for the car.

What is the maximum age limit for purchasing travel insurance?

The policyholder must be 18 to 80 years (appropriate product limits apply). Children older than 6 months can be insured with the consent of the guardian.

Does my travel policy include the Assistance Services?

Yes. You can get 24 hour assistance from your helpline which will be on the travel certificate.

What’s covered by homeowners insurance?

Policy will cover damage caused by such perils as fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft or vandalism to your actual dwelling, as well as some other structures on your property, like a garage, fence, driveway or shed.


Have questions about the claims process? We’ve got answers – take a look at our claims FAQs. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, give us a call at +263-4-793405, 793397, 793269 / +263-9-887375-79.

How do I lodge a claim?

You can lodge your claim online, or physically submit your claim form at our offices.

What information will I need when lodging a claim?

The more information you are able to give our claims processors, the quicker we will be able to settle.

  • In general, you will need to provide the following details:
  • -your policy number and type
  • -verify your personal policy details
  • -the name of the insured on the policy
  • -detailed description of the incident
  • -the date of loss and the loss address
  • -any details of other parties involved (if applicable).

Want to check on the status of your claim?

  • Call our claims service number above at any time. Have your claim number handy.

What happens when I make a claim?

Once your claim is lodged with Cell Insurance, we will allocate a claims processor who will contact you regarding the next steps. Your claims processor will keep you informed about your claim’s progress along the way.

We will give you a claim number which will be your ongoing reference to the claim. Please use this reference for all claims enquiries and when providing information to Cell Insurance about your claim.

Can I arrange repairs/replacement before I make a claim?

Cell Insurance would recommend you lodge a claim prior to arranging any repairs/replacement.

Most of our customers prefer to access Cell Insurance recommended repairers who offer quality goods or repairs. However, you can choose your own repairer or supplier if you wish. To do this you need to provide Cell Insurance with at least three (3) written quotes from your chosen supplier. If the quote is determined to be fair and reasonable , then you can engage your supplier.
If you need to contact our preferred supplier network and arrange any necessary emergency repairs – for example, glass or car windscreens – you will find them to be supportive and understanding of your needs.

How long does it take to process a claim?

Depending on the claim, it could take as little as 72 hours to process. The more details you offer, the easier it will be for us to settle your claim quickly and accurately. Claims that involve more complicated settlements, such as disputes over liability, will take longer to process. Because it is our goal to make the claims process as efficient as possible, we promise to work hard to get your claim settled in the shortest amount of time possible.

To ensure speedy processing of claims:

  • Make sure you have updated your address and other personal information either online or with the help of a Cell Insurance Representative before you report a claim.
  • Be sure that all information reported on the claim form matches what we have on file.

For information on a claim you’ve already reported:

Call +263-4-793405, 793397, 793269 / +263-9-887375-79.

Can my partner (or someone else) make a claim on my behalf?

Yes, they can lodge a claim on your behalf, but we require written permission from the policyholder before settling any claim. If you are not the policyholder and you ring us directly to lodge a claim, we will ask to verify your personal details and those of the policyholder.

What are some tips for speedy claims processing?

  • Always drive with your license and insurance disc handy. In the event of an accident or incident, you will have all the information you need at your fingertips.
  • Keeping your insurance policy up to date will make the processing, including reporting and resolving your claims easy.
  • If a road accident occurs, stay calm. Make sure you call the police and ensure statements of both parties are recorded in your presence.
  • Make sure you have written down the names, license details, vehicle registration numbers and insurance information of others involved.
  • In the event of theft of property at your private residence or elsewhere, ensure a police report is made immediately and a police report is obtained.
  • If the police are there, get the officer’s name and the police department’s location if possible.
  • If you have a camera or cell phone with camera handy, take some quick photos. When you are asked to describe the accident – particularly if there are complex intersections and turning lanes involved – this will be helpful in remembering the details.
  • It is generally recommended that you only discuss the details of the accident with the police, your local agent, or your Cell Insurance Claims Representative.
  • Keeping track of your paperwork, including the police report, your claims number, and the name and phone number of your assigned Cell Insurance Claims Representative will also speed processing.

What will happen to my premium if I lodge a claim?

In the event of a claim being successfully processed and paid out, nothing will immediately happen to your premium. Any changes to the premiums if any to be done will be stated on your policy document.

Generally speaking, you will not be penalized for something that has no bearing on how much risk you represent. We certainly don’t have any intention of penalizing someone for something that is not their fault. But some things will cause your rates to increase, including:

  • Numerous accidents over a short period of time.
  • A history of reckless driving behavior.
  • Numerous incidences involving gross negligence

The best idea? Safe and responsible driving behavior. But accidents do happen – and when they do, we’re here to help.

What do I do right after an accident/or incident?

  • Make sure you are safe from oncoming traffic in the event of road accident.
  • Make sure you safeguard the remaining property in the event of a fire or flood damage to reduce further losses.
  • Call the relevant authorities immediately whilst evidence is still fresh.
  • Immediately notify your local agent or Call us direct.
  • Do not assume that you are fine. Let someone know you are injured or get to a hospital or doctor if you have any doubt at all that you might be hurt.
  • Exchange insurance information as well as the names, license plate numbers, and phone numbers of others involved. Also note the names and numbers of witnesses if possible.
  • Document the date, time and location of the accident.
  • In the case of a hit-and-run, jot down whatever you can – vehicle description, partial license plate, etc.
  • Do not admit fault or assess blame; it’s very human to feel at fault after an accident, even if you are not at fault legally!
  • If a police officer is still at the scene and you’re not thinking clearly, once everyone is out of harm’s way, you can put the officer on the line with us to help describe the accident.

What happens with my excess?

All excesses are clearly specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, home plan, etc.

If however in the event of a motor claim, if we determine you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident and manage to recover from the faulty party, we will re-imburse the excess in full.

How can I find out about assessment or repair progress on my vehicle?

For queries on motor assessments and repairs you can call us on +263-4-793405, 793397, 793269 / +263-9-887375-79.  From 8.00am to 4:30pm or alternatively contact the repairer direct for an update on repair work.

What happens if additional damages are found once the repairs begin?

If additional damages are found, you or your contractor/repairer should contact Cell Insurance claims department immediately. No additional repairs should be made unless they are first discussed and authorized by Cell Insurance. Depending on the nature and extent of the additional damage, we may need to re-inspect your home/vehicle before any repairs are made.

What if I’m not happy with the way my claim is progressing?

If you are unhappy with the way your claim is progressing or wish to dispute a decision we have made, we have a simple, transparent way of dispute resolution.

  1. If you have a complaint, speak with the claims processor managing your claim.
  2. If they are unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, ask to speak to the claims manager.
  3. If you are still not satisfied with our response, then you are entitled to refer to our customer feedback platform

If I’m served with a lawsuit, what should I do?

Let us know immediately. We’ll review the lawsuit and your insurance policy, and then we’ll investigate to see if you’re covered.

If a tree falls on my home, does my homeowner’s policy provide any coverage?

Yes. We will pay to remove the tree from your home. Your policy also provides coverage for repairs to your home and limited coverage to remove the fallen trees from the premises. Please notify us by filling a home insurance claim form immediately.

How will I be paid if I submit a claim?

Cell Insurance will settle your claim through the following indemnity options:


  1. Cash In lieu of repairs
  2. Repair of the damaged property
  3. Replacement of the damaged property


All payments will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined within your

insurance policy.


Can I continue to drive my vehicle in the event of an accident?

It is highly recommended that you do not drive a vehicle that is not roadworthy as this may cause further damage and put your life at risk. If however the vehicle is drivable, you may drive to the nearest safe place and park your vehicle pending processing of your claim.

Contact Us


5th Floor Finsure House
84-86 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue/Sam Nujoma Street | Harare


+263 4 793405, 793301, 792955