Legislation in Zimbabwe requires all mining operations within the country to provide for environmental rehabilitation both during the life of the mine and at closure. This has been achieved by most mines through balance sheet provisions which do not make the funds immediately available to the full extent of liability when needed. Cell Insurance provides mines with required guarantee to the government which finances for the rehabilitation work in full from inception of the policy. The guarantee provided is able to match the environmental liability against company assets throughout the lifespan of the mine.
- Guarantee with adequate cover provided immediately from policy inception
- Multi-year insurance product with adequate cover all the time
- No risk of perpetual over-funding
- Premiums committed on an annual basis
- Flexible creation of insurance reserves for future rehabilitation